Thursday, April 27, 2006

My First Belgian Hospital Experience -- The Prologue

To make a short story very long, last Saturday night I slipped and fell in a restaurant (where's a good lawyer when you need her?) and, four days later, was still vomiting. Since it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that purging without bingeing is probably not a good thing, on Wednesday morning, I saw a local general physician. She diagnosed me as "concussed", told me to go to the hospital if I vomited again, and sent me on my way with a stern warning not to wear three inch heels. Wednesday night brought more quality time with the toilet, so first thing this morning, I set off to find a hospital.

(Here's a little tip for all you expatters: Find out where the nearest hospital is before you suffer a traumatic brain injury!)

© 2006 by Cindy Lane. All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy,

Not only will you be able to show me where all the great pubs are but now you'll be able to refer me to the hospitals as well!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Cindy Lane said...

Thanks Tylene! Now, if only the hospitals were as easy to find as the pubs ... stay tuned for chapter one!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Does this mean you'll be switching to Aerosoles? Cindy, I can be your UGLY shoe connection. Remember, flat's where it's at, grrrl.

I'm reading on now. Ya shoulda called me--we know where to go!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home