Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What Happens in Vegas ...

I just got back from a 4-day Bachelorette Party in Las Vegas. Although there were plenty of blog-worthy events that took place over the weekend, anyone who has ever been to Vegas knows the cardinal rule: What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!

That being said, I simply cannot pass up the opportunity to tell the best Vegas story I have ever heard. (Technically, since it happened to a stranger, I think I am ok on the rule.)

While the bachelorette and I were waiting on some friends to arrive from San Diego, we ran into a group of girls who were also waiting on friends to fly in. We struck up a conversation with this group and learned that they were in town for an annulment.

One of the girls, who I'll call Leigh, had made her first trip to Vegas five weeks earlier. On the very first night of her very first trip to Vegas, Leigh got arrested, tattooed, and married - to a man she met two hours earlier at the Palms!

Leigh and her friends were now back in Vegas, searching for the wedding chapel where Leigh tied the knot, so that she could find out her husband's name and address! She needed his signature for the annulment and she had no idea how to contact him. (She also wanted to return the $800 wedding ring that he had bought for her.)

Good times, Good times!

Copyright 2006 by Cindy Lane. All rights reserved.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy, Please, I beg of you, do NOT give this woman my name and address...I thought it was a fake chapel!!!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home