Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Personal Worst

On Monday, I drove to Aachen, Germany to shop at the Wal-Mart. (I cringe every time I read that statement! I'm pretty sure you are a red-neck if you drive through three countries to get to a Wal-Mart.)

It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to Aachen. Once in Aachen, it took me 3 hours and 12 minutes to find the Wal-Mart -- and that's with a GPS, a map, and stopping multiple times to ask for directions. (The address I had was not the correct one. I don't care what the Wal-Mart website tells you, don't search for Elsastrasse 139!)

It seems that people in Aachen either don't know where the Wal-Mart is, or, they enjoy screwing around with Americans and sending them all over the city. I am now intimately familiar with the Ring that goes around Aachen, as I have traveled every square kilometer of it -- numerous times. I believe some would call it "driving in circles."

To add insult to injury, there are Wal-Mart billboards everywhere in town. I'm not asking for arrows, but it would have been nice if one of these huge-ass advertisements would have had the address posted on it. Where's the love, Sam?

I finally stumbled upon the Wal-Mart. As my luck would have it, the one thing that I was looking for, Wal-Mart did not have.

Wasted trip? Not really, because I scored some Reese's peanut butter cups!

Copyright 2006 by Cindy Lane. All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What item were you looking for? Perhaps I could help.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Cindy Lane said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Colin. I just got a hook-up with the US Embassy, so I should be good for awhile!

And thanks to Java Curls for her offer as well!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Cindy Lane said...

Thanks Sfacfan. I'm always open to new shopping sites -- in any country!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home