Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Open Letter To Anonymous

Dear Anonymous (You know which one you are),

Please close you eyes. Now, take a deep breath, hold it for three seconds, and slowly exhale. Inhale. Hold. Exhale. One more time - inhale, hold, exhale.

Now, slowly open your eyes.

Take your right foot and slowly slide in backwards about 3 inches. Inhale. Hold. Exhale. Great. Now I want you to take your left foot and slowly slide it rearwards until it is even with your right foot. Inhale. Hold. Exhale. Perfect. Keep taking steps backwards and breathing deeply. You're doing just fine.

Now, repeat after me: "Bureaucracy, by definition, is red tape."
Once more: "Bureaucracy, by definition, is red tape."

Better?

Thank you for taking the time to post comments to my blog site. I have to admit, while I find your position on Belgian bureaucracy to be, shall I say, novel, if not somewhat disturbing, I am not comfortable posting your comments publicly. I'm sure you understand why.

Perhaps now that you are safely back inside the window, you can take a moment to reflect on your position. Isn't it possible that the Man is not that interested in orchestrating a covert attack on individual sovereignty? Can you at least entertain the idea that governments are run by people and computers, both of which can make mistakes?

Take your time. Give it some reflection, and, if you want, feel free to resubmit any comments, preferably without the profanity.

In the meantime, keep the window firmly closed and inhale, hold, exhale. Inhale. Hold. Exhale.

Illegally yours,
Cindy Lane

© 2006 by Cindy Lane. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home