Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Flower Carpet






On Saturday, Dan and I decided to capitalize on the few hours of sunshine that has befallen Belgium since I have arrived back (Where's that heat wave every one has been complaining about? It has done nothing but rained since I've returned!) and we hit the Grand Place to see the flower carpet (http://flowercarpet.be).

If you know me, you know that even artificial flowers die at our house. It's a talent I have. Dan, on the other, can nurse a crispy brown, shriveled-up, water-deprived sprig of a (insert any botanical species here) back to life. It's a sickness he has. As such, our plants are either half-dead or half-alive, depending on whose responsibility they have been entrusted. To see an entire "grand place" covered with petals from begonias was pretty amazing. It took a team of volunteer whatevers over one year to design and create the flower carpet.

If you missed it, make plans to see it in 2 years, because that's when it's coming back!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful. I'm already making plans to see it in two years from now! Thanks for sharing!

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home