Sunday, January 29, 2006

Goals, Ambitions and Other Lofty Aspirations

Just this week, I received an email from a friend, oh, let's call her Susie N., in which she indicated that she would "love" to make my blog. (Granted, the comment has been taken out of context, but since it is my blog, I am free to spin it however I want! Gotta love free speech!!)

Since I have no car and no job, I have what some may call an abundance of time on my hands, so I used a fair share of it pondering Susie's email. What would possess a perfectly normal individual to aspire to such a piss-poor goal? Has she read the blog?

Try as I might, I could not think of one single example of a less-inspired goal/ambition/aspiration than making this blog, but I’m open to suggestions. Is Susie too busy googling her exes and forwarding chain emails to realize that by “making the blog” she will be sharing post space with the likes of Stalker/Friend Joey, who couldn’t get a synapse to fire in his brain even if smoking while pumping gas, and San Diego’s dirtiest, stinkiest, one-footed homeless person?

How can someone like Susie, with seemingly so much going for her, including a strong support network of family and friends, stoop to such depths of despair? Is this what it has come to in the two shorts months I have been away? For those that profess to love and care about Susie, I have one little word for you -- intervention! In the meantime, Susie, be careful what you wish for!!!

© 2006 Cindy Lane. All rights reserved.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, No, No, Cindy. I wasn't supposed to make your blog until AFTER you guys came over on Sunday and drank the two bottles of wine I have waiting for you!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home